When it comes to your partner/spouse cheating, there really aren’t any definitive clues. They could be working late or out on a date. That’s what makes this type of thing so confusing. When you trust your spouse, you trust their explanations, however there are always certain things that can arouse suspicion.
Do you ever get the feeling that something is wrong or off between you and your spouse? Have you ever wondered, what if, maybe their might be something going on that you are not aware of? Could it be? Other people have affairs but what you have is special. Then again no matter how hard you try to convince yourself otherwise, there’s still that nagging doubt in your mind.
Here are some of the signs of a partner/spouse that may be cheating. These behaviours are only indicators of a cheating partner/spouse. If your partner/spouse has one or two of these behaviours, it does NOT prove infidelity, but when you observe several, or maybe MOST of these behaviours, your relationship may be in trouble.
- Dressing better. Did he suddenly start adding to his wardrobe, wearing cologne all of a sudden or changing the colognes to something new? That could be a sign of trying to please a new mistress.
- Cellphone behaviour. Does your partner/spouse suddenly start sleeping with their cellphone by the bedside, or bringing it into the shower? They may even turn it off when you’re together and say they don’t want to be disturbed while they’re with you. Or they won’t even let you touch their phone, this may get your radar up.
- Password protecting. In this digital age it is important to password protect your phone, but it can also be a sign if your partner/spouse suddenly starts doing it when they never seemed to care before. Or if they flat out refuse to give you the password.
- New or secret Credit Cards. Acquiring new credit cards is a potential sign that your partner/spouse is spending money on the new flame — especially if the bills go to another address or they them delivered online only.
- Hurtful remarks. A sudden elevation in arguing in your relationship is a classic ploy — this way your partner/spouse can blame it on you and say you two were always fighting if your suspicions turn out to be true.
- Name dropping. Your partner/spouse begins to drop a certain name into their conversations. Sometimes a person will start bringing up a certain name all of the time. Apparently it gives them a thrill to feel like they can talk about their secret love interest and get away with it.
- Dissing a certain person. Another classic telltale sign — a guy tries to cover up his attraction to a certain woman by slagging her every chance he gets.
- Separate holidays. If your partner/spouse suggests taking separate holidays, this is a clear sign they want you out of town.
- Less sex. They may not reject you, but they will go along with your rejections where they previously would have protested. Now you are hearing “Sure, let’s watch a movie instead. Sounds good.”
- Social media. I’m simply amazed at how many people forget that their partner/spouse is on their Facebook and yet they will flirt or even “check in” with another man or woman also on their Facebook. Must not be thinking at all.
While these are fairly “classic” signs, some people may experienced the complete opposite. I am aware of one individual who was doing basically all of the above, but after much investigating, there wasn’t any evidence of them cheating. There have also been many situations where the person in question was doing none of the above but was in fact cheating.
So as you can see it can be difficult to discover if you partner/spouse is being unfaithful but in the end it is better to know the truth.
Trust the experts at Investigation Hotline to either prove or dismiss your concerns and suspicions. Call for a free quote on the services necessary to get the evidence and proof you require from professional, experienced private investigators. We’re here for you, on call, 24 hours a day.